One afternoon, there's this food that I wanted to eat. I miss it! But it has been a looong time since I last ate it that even its name I forgot! Then, when I remembered it I was so happy and shout it on facebook cause I know I have so many friends there that have been with me during the time when this food became the food of our time! And I was not wrong, because in just few minutes one answered it and gave me the recipe;)I am talking about Lomi. A noodle soup with meat and vegetables in it! I will share the recipe too incase you want it:) I didn't do it once before! We just go to our favorite restaurant which has the best lomi and enjoy but now in this strange land I am in, I have to do it myself and I was so happy I did it right:) Here how to do it! Good luck and enjoy!
* 1/4 kilo lomi noodles (flat)
* 1/2 cup pork (sliced into strips)
* 1/4 cup chopped ham
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 cup shredded cabbage
* 1 tbsp. chopped carrots
* 6-7 cups chicken or meat broth
* 2 tbsp. cooking oil
* 1 tbsp. cornstarch.dissolved in water
* 2 raw eggs
* 2 tbsp. patis
* salt to taste
* 1 tsp. vetsin
1. Saute garlic and onion. When brown add pork, shrimps, and ham. Add patis; stir for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water, cover and simmer until water is almost dry. Add broth. Cover and let boil for 10 minutes.
2. Drop in noodles, carrots, and shredded cabbage. Let boil for 3 minutes and thicken with dissolved cornstarch. Put off the heat.
3. Beat eggs and stir in. Do not boil. Serve at once.